10.06.2010

Waiting on Wednesday


So far, I'm loving this series and am really looking forward to the next installment.  It has a Christmas theme, which is even BETTER in my book!  *pun intended*

Plus, the cover is just beautiful!  We're finally having cooler temps here, so it's more than appropriate.  :)



(Twilight Texas, #3)
by Lori Wilde

Release date:  Oct. 26, 2010

Publisher:  AVON
ISBN:  9780061988424

Synopsis:

"On Christmas Eve, if you sleep with kismet cookies under your pillow and dream of your one true love, he will be your destiny."

The townsfolk of Twilight, Texas, believe the legend, but not Sarah Collier - not since she was a pudgy teenager, running down the church aisle on Christmas Day in a jingle bell sweater and reindeer antlers, trying to stop Travis Walker from marrying someone else. She may be grown-up, slimmed-down, bestselling children's book author "Sadie Cool" now, but Sarah will never forget that day. And she'll never fall foolishly in love again!

But when a letter from a sick fan brings Sarah back to Twilight, she's shocked to discover that Travis is the little girl's father - unattached and hotter than ever. His smile still makes her melt, but Sarah knows that ship has sailed. Travis, however, might have different ideas.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds a little too "romancey" for me but I do love the cover. It finally cooled off here in Texas too and I'm loving it! :)

audreygeddes said...

I just love stories like this. Thanks for such a great review! You might also want to check out a new one by Joy DeKok called, "Rain Dance," which is a story about two women who forge an unlikely friendship. One is through the pain of having had an abortion and the other through the challenges of infertility. The story moved me to tears and really shows God's grace and mercy without condemnation.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

A Christmas book? Why am I not surprised. :-P

XOXO~ Renee

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

ANGIE - I'm glad you're enjoying cooler temps, too. Isn't it wonderful?!?!

AUDREY - Thanks for the recommendation. I suffer from infertility, so it might be a good one for me to read. :)

RENEE - LOL What do you mean? :p

Margaret Metz said...

I'm liking the cooler temps too. :o) But just wait - give me another month and I'll be whining about snow and ice. lol

Renee said...

This is the other Renee (not Steeler Girl, though I do enjoy her blog, also) . . . I always like reading about another new possibility for reading material! And Christmas themes are especially fun!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

LEE - I know! It's like we're never satisfied. God saw fit to change the seasons for us, but yet I still complain. ;)

"other" RENEE - LOL Are you Renee Ann? If so, my middle name is also Anne *with an 'e', like Anne of Green Gables.* :p I'm glad you enjoy Christmas themes, too -- steelergirl does NOT. *giggle*

HUGS!!