10.18.2010

My Review: Don't Look Back -- Lynette Eason


(Women of Justice, #2)
by Lynette Eason

Christian Fiction / Romantic Suspense

Revell Publishing
Copyright 2010


Back Cover:

One man lives to see her dead--the other is fighting to keep her alive.
 
Twelve years ago, forensic anthropologist Jamie Cash survived a brutal kidnapping. After years of therapy, she has made a life for herself--though one that is haunted by memories of her terrifying past. She finally lets herself believe that she can have a close relationship with a man, when signs start appearing that point to one frightening fact--her attacker is back and ready to finish the job he started all those years ago.

Can she escape his grasp a second time? And will she ever be able to let down her guard enough to find true love?

Filled with heart-stopping suspense, gritty realism, and a touch of romance, Don't Look Back pulls you into its twists and turns to hold you there until the very last page.


What I thought:

Yet another terrifying, edge-of-your-seat suspense from Lynette Eason!  She has quickly made a permanent spot for herself on my Top 10 "must read authors" list.  I just can't seem to get enough!  I don't know how I'm gonna survive until book #3, A Killer Among Us, releases in May 2011.  *SIGH*

Don't Look Back is Jamie Cash's story.  We first met Jamie in her sister Samantha's story, Too Close To Home.  I have to tell you right now, Jamie's story is a LOT more graphic, and down-right sickening, imo.  I'm not normally a violent person, but if I could have gotten close enough to "the Hero" -- I would have been tempted to kill him myself.  This guy is the creepiest of creeps.  Just like in the first book, I knew who "the Hero" was as soon as I met him.  He just seemed to radiate evil, even in the most normal of circumstances.

The Cash family feels like a part of my family, I just love them all!  Especially Jamie -- it just amazes me how strong her relationship is with God, after all she's been through.  She turns to Him anytime she has a problem, whether big or small, and that's a great lesson for us all.  Watching Jamie as she tries her hardest to find out who is responsible for kidnapping, and killing, all the teenage girls that keep turning up was really heart-breaking.  You can see how tough it is for her to face her horrific past, as well as her own panic, because she knows in her heart that she will once again be in the clutches of "the Hero" before his reign of terror comes to an end.

Can I puh-leeze take a minute to talk about FBI Special Agent Dakota Richards?  OH. MY. Stars!  *dreamy sigh*  He is such a sweetheart!  Dakota has been in love with Jamie since practically the moment he met her, but he realizes that she still has issues dealing with her very scary, very traumatizing past.  He's there for Jamie no matter what, and it is SO romantic to watch their relationship slowly build amidst the tragic events that are currently taking place in their lives.

It still amazes me to no end that I even LIKE this series, much less LOVE it!  Normally, I can't handle reading stories such as these, but Lynette just has this incredible ability to hook me from the very first page.  I read each of these books in a matter of hours!

Please, please, please get your hands on this series as quickly as you can -- I think you'll be really glad you did!  Be sure to visit Lynette Eason at her website, or her blog, in the meantime.

*I can't thank Donna @ Revell enough for allowing me to review this book --thank you!*

6 comments:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I LOVED this too! Can't wait to get my hands on the first one. :-)

XOXO~ Renee

Unknown said...

I just got this one yesterday from PBS...yay! But alas, I don't have the first one!!! Do they need to be read in order? (I hate reading books out of order, but this one sounds REALLY good, so I might have to suppress my OCD tendencies.)

Another awesome review, Lori!! :o)

Angie said...

Great review, Lori. :) Almost makes me want to check out this series...almost. ;)

Lynette Eason said...

Lori, you made me laugh out loud! I just love your enthusiasm for the series. You're awesome. Thanks so much for the great review even though the story was a bit (okay, a lot) violent.

God Bless!
Lynette

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Hey Lynette -- thanks for dropping by!

Awww, you're too sweet. :)

Thank YOU for writing such a great book, even though it is quite violent! I thought I was gonna be *sick* a few times, but couldn't wait to find out what happened next. The baseball bat about did me in - whew!

Drop by anytime. ;)

*HUGS*

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Christy - As I mentioned in my email, I would definitely try to read them in order, as Dakota and Jamie's "relationship" starts in book 1. I have the very same OCD tendencies, girl! ;)

Angie - I think you would really enjoy this series, if you ever decide to give it a chance. :)

*HUGS*