5.10.2010

My Review: It Had to Be You (Weddings By Bella, bk 3) by Janice Thompson


(Weddings By Bella, bk 3)
by Janice Thompson

Christian Fiction / Contemporary / Romance

Revell Publishing
Copyright 2010
Pages:  330
ISBN:  9780800733445


(from Amazon):

Get ready for a double dose of wedding frenzy!
 
Bella couldn't be happier that two of her long-feuding relatives have finally admitted their love for one another and are getting married. Their forties-style wedding is sure to be a night to remember. But when the Rossi house begins to fill up with family from Italy--and an old mobster from New Jersey--life starts to get complicated. Will a friend from the past drive the happy couple apart once more? And will Bella ever have time to think of her own rapidly approaching wedding amid the chaos?


Full of humor, plenty of Italian passion, and a bit of Texas gumption, It Had to Be You will have you laughing out loud and wiping a tear from your eye.


What I thought:
***contains spoilers for those of you that haven't read books 1 and 2***

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this series, you really don't know what you're missing!  I am so glad I decided to give it a try, as I have seriously fallen head-over-heels in love with the Rossi clan.  Let me tell you though, Fools Rush In is my absolute fave book of the series.  I like the fact that it focuses on just a few characters, mainly the Rossi family, whereas the other two books are much more hectic.

Go ahead and buckle up, because you're in for a roller coaster ride with It Had to Be You.  My emotions were all over the place with this one.  One minute, I'm on top of the world, celebrating with Laz and Rosa -- then, I'm ready to knock some sense into Sal's head for causing such an uproar right before the big day.

There were times when I really didn't like some of the Rossi family members, especially when it felt like they were completely ignoring Bella, and seemingly overlooking HER big day.  Everything worked itself out in the end, but it was an emotional ride for me (and her!).

It was wonderful making new friends -- I really liked getting to know Gordy, Lilly, and the Band of Gold.  Finally meeting 'Uncle Sallie' was great, too.  There is so much love in the air, it was all I could do to keep up with who was doing what!  Multiple weddings, an elopement, a birth, multiple engagements, and the list goes on.  :)  I won't say anymore -- I'll let you experience it all for yourself, when you get a copy of your own to enjoy.


To find out more about Janice Thompson, and/or her books, be sure to visit her at:
* Her website
* Her blog


Available May 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

*** Thanks to Donna @ Revell Publishing for providing my review copy. ***




    

8 comments:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

This was my favorite of the series! I loved all the chaos LOL!
Your review is beautifully stated as always!

XOXO~ Renee

Margaret Metz said...

I can't wait to read this and experience the wonderful chaos for myself. I love these books and think of them as part of my extended family (If only I were so lucky. I've adopted you and Renee too - just so you know. lol)

Congrats on your job! :o)

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

LOL Lee we're just one big blogging family aren't we? :-P

XOXO~ Renee

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Awwww! I love my online family! <3

{{hugs}}

Ashley (Ibreath2read) said...

LOL You guys are too funny!


Since I haven't read book #2 or #3,I didn't want to cheat and read your wonderful review, Lori. I loved the first one but, I've heard that most people like bk 3 more than the other two. Which one did you like better (since I didn't read your review, I don't know if you said wich was your fave,LOL)

Hopefully, I'll be going to go to BAM to get this book (and bk 2), ASAP. But first, I've got to get some money and a car, hmmm....LOL:D
Love Ya,
Ashley

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

LOL My fave is Fools Rush In. There's a LOT going on in the other 2 books, and I liked the fact that book 1 focused mainly on the Rossi and Neely families.

Good luck with the money and the car! ;)

{{hugs}}

Ashley (Ibreath2read) said...

Thanks, Lori! I'm gonna need all the luck (and prayers if you have them) I can get, when you got parents like mine.LOL
Love Ya,
Ashley

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

You know I have plenty of extra prayers for you! ;)

Hey - I can take care of the 'car' problem, but not so much the money. Want me to drive the 2+ hours to your house and take you to BAM? *giggle*

{{hugs}}