5.06.2010

Guess What?!?!?


God has answered our prayers about me getting a job! Thank y'all for praying with us on this matter -- your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated! :o)

I saw an ad in the Classified section of our Daily Newspaper a couple of weeks ago, and submitted my resume via email. They contacted me within a week to set up the first interview (last Wednesday). I was really nervous! I haven't been to an interview in 7-8 years. :) Anyway, it went great and I told my hubby that I would really be disappointed if I didn't get the job because they seemed like great people to work with/for.

I went to the second interview last Friday, and found out that the job was mine, if I was still interested. Hello? Of course I'm interested! Hahahaha

I am now a Part-Time Medical Receptionist for a local podiatrist.

I started working this Monday, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Right now, my schedule is all jumbled up since I'm currently "in training" -- when I start my 'regular' hours, they will be:

Mondays and Wednesdays - 8:30am - noon
Fridays - 1:00pm - 5:00pm (or whenever the last patient is done - today we left at 6:00pm)

The only down-side is that I will now have even LESS time to read/blog! :( I still haven't completely caught up with my review books (from the delay of my sister's wedding), but I'm working on 'em. I can't really complain though, since I've been trying to find a job for a couple of years now. It's a true blessing that God has seen fit to answer that particular prayer, and we are very thankful! I'll keep working on getting caught up -- that's the best I can do.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers -- they mean SO much! {{hugs}}

6 comments:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

*Happy dance* Woohoo! I'm so glad you got a job that you like! It's awesome...now this girl has to find a job too! Keep me in your prayers!!! :-)

XOXO~ Renee

Ashley (Ibreath2read) said...

OMW!!! How wonderful for you, Lori! I was praying you'd get a job (practically an exstinct species these days.LOL)
And a podiatrist....that's a foot doc, right?LOL I bet that will be fun!
Of course we'll miss you when your at work and here but, what a blessing.
Have a great day tomorrow!
Love Ya,
Ashley

Katy said...

:) I'm so glad for you!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

*dancing w/you!* Yay!

Now we'll have to double up on our prayers for you, Renee. :)

I had pretty much accepted the fact that I may never find a job, when God decided to drop this one in my lap unexpectedly. What a blessing!

{{hugs}}

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Thanks so much, Ashley and Katy! Y'all are too sweet. :)

@ Ashley - I answered you more in detail on my other blog. ;)

{{hugs to you both}}

Project Journal said...

Ummmmm HELLO!?!?!?! THAT is FANTASTIC, girl!!!!!!

*happy dance with Renee*

Woot, woot!!!

YAY!!!!

*balloons and streamers coming now*

GO LORI!!!

Talk to you later,
Hannah