10.07.2009

A-Z Wednesday


This really fun book meme is hosted by
Vicki @ Reading at the Beach.

The rules are pretty simple...

1. Visit Vicki to get this week's letter.
2. Browse through your shelves for a book that starts with this week's letter.
3. Post the following info about the book you've chosen on your blog:
~ Photo, synopsis/description, link (Amazon, Christian Books, Borders, etc.)
4. Hurry back to Reading at the Beach and post a comment with a link to your post.






Here's my choice for this week:
In the Company of Secrets
by Judith Miller




The truth could cost her everything.... Olivia Mott didn't intend to lie. Somehow, it just happened. And wasn't it all Lady Charlotte's fault anyway? Now Olivia's position as assistant chef at Pullman's elegant Hotel Florence is dependant upon her keeping her secrets. And sometimes lies have a way of leading to other lies. Should Olivia admit her real past and accept the consequences or keep quiet in order to preserve her comfortable new circumstances? Deception seems to be part of everyday life in the company town of Pullman, Illinois, where the grand Pullman Palace Car is manufactured. Samuel Howard, Olivia's friend and the town manager, seems to think everything is fine, but Olivia observes something quite different. Could it be that Olivia is not the only one harboring secrets?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lies catch up to you sooner or later. It's best just to tell the truth to begin with! Sound like an interesting book though.

Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

This is a really great series, with book one being my favorite of the three. :o)

Irene said...

I agree with Vicki, lies do catch up to you. Have a great weekend.here's mine.

Beth said...

I really, really enjoyed this book. I want to read the sequels, but haven't gotten around to it. Here is my "H" book.

Nise' said...

Sounds like a series my daughter would love. I will have to let her know about it.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I started this book but sadly didn't care for it very much :-(
I hope you like it though!

XOXO~ Renee

Booklogged said...

I have an award for you at my blog, A Reader's Journal.

Margaret Metz said...

This is a coll idea. I checked my database and I literally do not have a suitable book to use for this week. They would all be books for small children, reference books - that sort of thing. Maybe next week. :o)

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

WOW! Thank you for all of your comments, ladies! =)

~ Lori