10.14.2009

A Forever Christmas by Missy Tippens ~ Book Review


A Forever Christmas
(Love Inspired)
by Missy Tippens
Copyright 2009
Pages: 214
Christian Fiction/Inspirational/Romance
ISBN: 9780373875641

Let me start off by saying that this is the first book I've read by Missy Tippens, but it won't be my last! I've got to get my hands on His Forever Love...which actually comes before A Forever Christmas. Also, this is my first Christmas-themed book for 2009 ~ it was a great place to start! Please be sure to have Kleenex nearby when you read this book...you will definitely need them!

A Forever Christmas takes place in the cozy town of Magnolia, Georgia. Here we meet lots of the townsfolk, as they're getting ready for their upcoming Annual Christmas Pageant. Needless to say, the children are very excited to be a part of this year's Pageant! Due to unforeseen complications, the Pageant director has to hand her duties over to someone else this year. This is when we meet Sarah Radcliffe...as she agrees to step in for Donna Rae Durante, and take over with rehearsals, stage props, etc.

Sarah has returned to Magnolia for the Christmas holidays, but she's not looking forward to coming face-to-face with her only true love, Gregory Jones. She lives, and teaches kindergarten, in Nashville, Tennessee, and has come home to spend Christmas with her parents. Her visit started out a little early this year, due to a very heart-breaking event in her life. She hopes to find healing this Christmas season, before she returns to her school children in the new year. She is very mad at God right now, for allowing this event to happen. She can't even talk to him, without ranting and raving!

Gregory Jones has always thought he was beneath Sarah, even when she claimed to love him almost sixteen years ago. He is now the father of two adorable little boys...Hunter is five, and his little brother, Chase, is four. They are both going to have a part in the Christmas Pageant ~ Hunter is a shepherd, while Chase is an angel. Gregory has to depend on his Dad to watch after/take care of his boys, because he's so busy running his business that he doesn't have much extra time to spend with them. He needs to get as many jobs lined as he can, so he will be able to give them the gifts on their Christmas List. What he doesn't realize is...they would rather spend time with him!

This is a very touching Christmas story, and I don't want to reveal too much for fear of ruining it for you. If you look forward to reading Christmas-themed romances every year like I do...you definitely need to add A Forever Christmas to you shopping list...you will not be disappointed!

If you're interested in finding out more about Missy Tippens or purchasing any of her books, please visit her website at: www.missytippens.com

**I would like to thank all of the ladies at Seekerville for giving me the opportunity to read Missy's book. I won it in a giveaway on their blog. I will be passing it on to my sister...who collects Love Inspired romances. Thank you!**


CymLowell

13 comments:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Woohoo! I finished my first Christmas book of the year today too! I figure it's cold so I might as well get in the Christmas spirit! I always enjoy the Love Inspired books and don't think I've come across one that I didn't enjoy! Thank you for the review!!

xoxo~ Renee

Project Journal said...

Hey Lori!
I have read His Forever Love by Missy and it was fantastic! I absolutely cannot wait for this one to come out. It should be great. Plus, it's a continuation(with the characters) from that one, so I'm curious : )

No new post today, sorry to leave you hanging! It should be up tomorrow : )
Aren't you so curious? : P
Thanks!
Hannah

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

I wish I'd thought to check first if any books came before this one...oh well...too late now! I'm excited to go back and read His Forever Love. I'm sure my sister has it, since she collects them. You should see her room! She can hardly navigate for all of her books. LOL

Yes...I'm very curious! I can't believe you're going to leave us hanging ~ I really want to know what's in your box! hahaha

~ Lori

Unknown said...

I am so not ready for Christmas but this book sounds like it might put me in the spirit! Thanks for sharing what sounds like a very heartfelt story.

-CYM

Missy Tippens said...

Wow, Lori, thanks so much for reading and reviewing my book! You just made my day. :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

It's cold here, too. Cold, yucky and rainy. Time to snuggle up and read!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

CYM ~ Christmas will be here before we know it! Wow...this year has flown by! You should definitely read Missy's book, when you have a chance, it will touch your heart. =)

MISSY ~ I'm so excited you dropped by! I LOVED this book! As I said, I can't wait to read His Forever Love...I always try to read books in order...so I was a little disappointed when I found out I'd read the 2nd one first. =( I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless! I'm now wondering if there's going to be a 3rd book...to tell Richard's story...hmmmm... :D

It has been dreary, rainy, and cold here for the last couple of days, too. I'm glad for the cooler weather, but I'm sooooo ready for the rain to go away!

I noticed that you live in GA, too! I live in LaGrange ~ do you live nearby? If you'd rather not say...I understand! That's another reason I loved A Forever Christmas...it takes place in my home state! Yay!

I noticed that you've become a follower...thank you! I hope to see you again soon. =)

Take care ladies,
~ Lori

Julie said...

Thanks for the intro to another new author! (my husband might not think so when he sees my wishlist growing ;^) )

I'm searching her sites now.

Julie =)

Missy Tippens said...

Lori,

I'm up near Athens. So other side of Atlanta. :)

As for a third book...I still haven't had a great idea for Richard's story yet. I guess I need to keep thinking!

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

You're welcome, Julie. Maybe your hubby won't be too upset!

No one ever lives down my way, Missy. Everyone always lives closer to/the other side of Atlanta. :( At least we live in the same state! LOL

I'll be watching for Richard's story, but no rush!

~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great review. I have this book on my TBR pile--now sneaking it to the top.

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Hey Tina ~ it's a wonderful book! I read it in a couple of hours. :)

Thanks for coming by!
~ Lori

Missy Tippens said...

Hey, Lori, I just saw your photo in Julie Lessman's newsletter! Are you on her mailing list (email)? If not, I can forward it to you. :)

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Hey Missy ~ YES...I got the newsletter! I was so surprised to see the photo with me in it! I can't believe Julie didn't tell me it was going to be included. LOL I'll have to email her and pick on her! :D

Julie, Maggie, and I have become fast friends since meeting that day. My Mom & I actually went to see Maggie last weekend, at her LifeWay book signing...it was great to see her again!

Thank you for offering to send me the newsletter...I appreciate it! :) I wish I could meet all of the Seekers...plus my other favorite authors...that would be soooo awesome!!!

Have a great night!
~ Lori